You know the past couple of days, I've wondered why we even buy toys. All you need is a big ole box and an imagination. These kids have played non stop with these boxes for actually 3 whole days. I remember when I was a little girl, me and my best friend Melissa would go to the field in back of our house and play in this tree grove for hours. It was our very own tree-house, at least as far as we knew, and we had a make-believe everything in there from an oven to a bedroom with it's own bathroom... Watching the kids has brought back some of those memories. Living in the good old days right? It brings me so much joy watching the kids work together and use their imagination to make up their own fun. This kind of fun is getting lost today. I want to cherish it while it lasts, because I know it wont. I love being a Mom (most days anyways :/ )
Tate is popping out of the window. You can see decorations, courtesy of the girls, Ellie and Tyler.
These guys are playing their cardboard video games. And even check out the T.V. It gets great reception.
They even have a pin pad to get into the front door, so don't think you are getting in unless you know the right code.
5 comments:
I totally agree with you! I'm always asking myself why I waste my money on toys when my kids seem to get the most entertainment out of a box! The simple things, huh. I wish we still lived around the corner so JB and Gage could have played too!! We miss you guys!!
Where was I when my kids were over playing? I must have been having a nap! Your pages are so cute. If only the boxes didn't take up so much room. My kids love to play with them, but I can't stand to have them around very long!
cute blog. Cole saw his name on the box and was excited to know he was included in the "club house" list of boys.
Seriously WHY do we spend so much money on toys? Zac prefers the cars, or any tool or item in the garage and the girls might as well live in dress ups (esp Mo).
Love the pictures and LOVE the collages....it brings back memories from when I was young too.
LISA????? GIRL get on it with your blog! I've put at least two or three pictures of your boys on ourblog from summer!!!
Oh Kym, maybe my Elle and your kids can get a "spy club" together...lol....
Post a Comment